Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cooking Adobo

We've been surviving on leftovers and canned goods the past two weeks and I knew that the day I had to cook for real  would come this week. The only thing I know how to cook is spaghetti so I did some research online about how to cook adobo. I kicked things off by watching Komikero's video on how to cook adobo. 


For measurements I followed the adobo recipe on Nora Daza's book. I marinated the meat overnight.






Dumped the marinate in the pot and left it to simmer. I only mixed it when it started boiling. My Dad said that vinegar turns bitter when it's mixed prematurely (that got me scared). Also added some sugar. Don't forget to add water, about a cup for every 500 grams of meat.



And here's the finished product. My very first adobo!







1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! Congratulations on the adobo and the nice new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete