Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Pork Roll

The first few weeks I was learning how to cook I asked Miguel to choose a dish he wanted me to cook. I told myself that I should just go ahead and try cooking different dishes to build confidence. My brother-in-law's comment in Facebook definitely gave me the boost I needed. He said, "You're an Apolo, I am confident that you have it in you too."

So Miguel chose "Cheese Stuffed Pork Roll". We were already in the supermarket when I had him choose a recipe so we managed to get most of the ingredients right. (Pork chops aren't the best type of meat to use for this recipe).

So here's how I cooked it -

Place a slice of cheese in the middle of the pork slice. Roll it and secure with a toothpick.


Dredge in flour mixture (flour and thyme).


Dip in egg and then coat with bread crumbs.


Deep fry.


Here's the finished product.


As an alternative you can also use ready made pork or chicken tonkatsu (available at SM Hypermarket), the flour mixture though is more yummy, but this is a great shortcut and will save you a lot of time. You can also add sweet ham in the roll.

Pair this up with sinangag and a salad and you got yourself a fabulous lunch or dinner.

2 comments:

  1. and it not only looks good, it tastes good ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one! Thanks for the idea.
    I do it with chicken(cordon bleu) will try it with pork as Lorenzo is allergic with chicken. Yay!

    You can also put veggies, carrots and aparagus. tried baking it too. Mas masarap fried :)

    ReplyDelete