Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Very First Christmas Tree

This Christmas would be our first Christmas together as a married couple. We got married last year a day after Christmas, on boxing day, so our first home was empty when we moved in. We just enjoyed our neighbor's colorful, dancing Christmas lights in the evenings.

We thought we were going to spend Christmas at our first home, but things changed and we moved last month! After settling in our new home I started scouting for a Christmas tree.

I fell in love with a 7-foot tree at National Bookstore. It was big and fat, but EXPENSIVE! I was not keen on spending so much on Christmas decors. So I put my shopping skills to work and eventually found a similar tree, less 70% of the cost at Uniwide in Sucat.

I wasn't able to save any of my Christmas decors (they perished during typhoon Ondoy), so I just got stuff from Divisoria, Dapitan Arcade, SM Department Store, Uniwide and to make it personalized I made Christmas frames and placed our photos in it (I'll blog about it soon). I got the tree skirt at Uniwide at PhP200. We spent a small fortune on the lights though since we got it at Ace Hardware.

Total cost for the tree and trimmings is less than PhP3,500. I decided not to place the silver boa thingy anymore (what do you call those things anyway?).

1 comment: