Tuesday, January 14, 2014

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe (Step by Step Guide)

This post is dedicated to Vince, Ellaine and Saki. 

It's strawberry season and we brought home some strawberries freshly picked from Benguet. One thing about strawberries is it rots easily so I thought I'd experiment and preserve the strawberries by making some no-bake cheesecake.

Here's how I did it:

Crust

Place a cup of crushed Graham Honey Crackers in a bowl.



Melt 1/3 cup of butter. I normally do this by steaming it so it doesn't become oily.



Crush 1 cup of peanuts or cashew. We like it a bit crunchy so I don't crush it too much. (I use peanuts because my son is allergic to cashew).



Add the cup of peanuts/cashew in the bowl.



Add 1 Tbsp. of brown sugar.


Mix well.



Add the melted butter onto the bowl. Mix well.



Put the crust mixture into a 9" baking pan or Pyrex dish. Or you can use aluminum trays (I prefer this because it's easier to limit what we eat and I can easily give a tray or two to my Mom).



Flatten the crust mixture to the bottom of the pan using a spoon or the bottom of a glass.



Let the crust harden in the freezer while you prepare the filling.

Filling

Chop into small cubes 2 cups of strawberries (about 20 pieces).


Dissolve a pack of Knoxx Unflavored Gelatin in 1/4 cup of hot water. Let cool.



Make sure that the cream cheese has softened before you start making the filling. I usually take it out of the fridge while I make the crust. Place a bar of cream cheese in a bowl. Process cream cheese with 1/2 cup of sugar. Add sugar slowly. Add a cup of all purpose cream and mix well and then add the dissolved gelatin.



Add two cups of chopped strawberries. Use a spatula to mix.



Get the hardened crust from the freezer.


Add the filling and the put it in the freezer. Let it freeze for at least 3 hours.



EAT!

Optional: add fresh strawberries on top before serving.

1 comment:

  1. OMG without baking now i can eat cake and also good for those who don't have oven at their home. Very easy and simple recipe, I will try it definitely and suggest my friends to try this one.

    ReplyDelete