Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cheesy Adobo

I've taken a liking to cooking adobo. Cheesy adobo is now my third adobo recipe. My first attempt came out too cheesy because I ended up placing three times more cheese than I should. My second attempt today went quite well and Miguel said that he liked it better.

I discovered the recipe for "Cheesy Chicken and Pork Adobo" during the Google Technology Users Group meet-up last month at Kraft's Cafe 5845 at the SM Mall of Asia.



The Ingredients


1/2 kg. chicken, cut into parts
1/2 kg. pork cubes
1/2 c soy sauce
3/4 c vinegar
2 pcs. laurel leaf
1/4 tsp. peppercorn
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 c water
salt and pepper to taste (I didn't add anymore)
sugar to taste (I usually place 2 Tbsp for every half kilo of meat)
2 packs Eden Cheese Sulit Pack 35g, cubed (roughly about half an inch per 35g if you're slicing it from a regular box)

How to Cook
1. Mix all ingredients except the cheese, sugar and water. Marinate at least an hour (I usually marinate it overnight).
2. After marinating, let it boil for 30 minutes. Add sugar to taste. Add water.
3. Add Eden cheese and let simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment