Monday, August 15, 2011

My Smurf House Cupcake

I've been meaning to learn how to bake cupcakes, so I got 2 new muffin pans last week since I was inspired by a colleague. I thought I'd try baking some cupcakes using the mix that Maya Kitchen gave me when I attended the cheesecake class. I told myself that baking using a mix would make me comfortable working on a more complicated recipe later on. So I got myself to work yesterday and here's how the cupcakes looked like.


For the life of me I have no idea why the middle part of the cupcake expanded. I have a couple of theories -- may have overmixed it or maybe because I did not put a water pan under. Beats me, but I'll likely do some research on it so I don't make the same mistake.


A couple of friends said they look like muffins. My friend, Chelle, says that they look like a Smurf's house. Another friend says they'll look like a monster on a game if I decorated them.

So I shall call my first cupcakes, the Smurf House Cupcake. For all it's worth, it turned out okay. Here's the proof:


And well... they're all gone now. Haha.

Happy to hear any cupcake baking advise if you have any.

3 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes looks way too cute and soft. To me they look like a cute little Smurf house, I am also going to try these baking tricks and hope they turn out yummy and cute like your's. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... You made it so perfect. It just looks yummy and shiny. It was appreciated if you had shared the recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog!juxt amazing. Thank you fro sharing drama wiki

    ReplyDelete