Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Toblerone Cheesecake (No Bake)

What do you do when you have an over-supply of Toblerone? That's the question Miguel and I asked ourselves last Friday when I realized we had two huge Toblerone bars on hand. Using my phone I did a quick search on Google for some recipes that required Toblerone. There are a number but since I had ingredients to for cheesecake Miguel said I should just do Toblerone cheesecake.


I just used the no-bake mango cheesecake recipe I learned from the Maya Kitchen class I attended a few weeks ago, but instead of mangoes I used Toblerone. For the filling I crushed 5 Toblerone triangles (I put them in the freezer for about 3 hours first). Then for the glaze I melted about 6 triangles on a double broiler (I just actually just put the chocolate on a lanera and steamed it). I was planning to just let it set in the refrigerator, but since we wanted to have it for dessert I put it in the freezer for an hour to hasten it to set. Here's how it came out, next time I think I won't go for the glazed top, but my boys loved it nonetheless.


I know my Mom's going to love this so I made little tart-sized ones for her.


I know I still need to work on making it more presentable, but it turned out yummy as it looks. Hehe.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment: